Latvian Institute, 19.12.2014, Politics
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 10.12.2014, Foreign Affairs
- International Monetary Fund Predicts Economic Growth for Latvia
The head of the International Monetary Fund mission in Latvia, Shekhar Aiyar, has predicted that Latvia's economic growth will be about 3 percent this year.
Latvian Institute, 10.12.2014, Economy
- Gidon Kremer and "Kremerata Baltica" Nominated for "Grammy"
The Rīga-born violinist and conductor Gidon Kremer and his chamber orchestra "Kremerata Baltica" have been nominated for the prestigious "Grammy" award in the category "Best Classical Compendium" for their record of Mieczyslaw Weinberg's works.
Latvian Institute, 09.12.2014, Culture
- 2015 UNESCO World Press Freedom Prize Ceremony to be Held in Rīga
Media, as well as professional and non-governmental organizations whose line is journalism and who advocate freedom of speech, can apply their choices for the 2015 UNESCO World Press Freedom Prize by February 1, 2015.
Latvian Institute, 05.12.2014, Culture
- British "Daily Mail" Includes Rīga in World's Most Trendiest Cities
The British newspaper ''Daily Mail'' has included Rīga on its ''Hipster Guide to the World'', pointing out that Miera Street in Rīga is one of the trendiest districts in the world.
Latvian Institute, 05.12.2014, Society
- Juncker Predicts High Success for Latvia's Presidency in EU
European Commission President Jean Claude Juncker stated his confidence in high success of Latvia's upcoming presidency of the EU Council.
Latvian Institute, 05.12.2014, Foreign Affairs